Much like shopping for anything else – from shoes, to sporting goods, to homes – it is important to do your homework. You must compare price, features, abilities and more so that you can make an informed decision and the wisest investment to meet your needs. CNC plasma cutting systems are no different. There is a wide variety of CNC plasma cutting systems available and they have an even wider array of features. At EZCut CNC, we are proud to make cost-effective cutting solutions that outperform competitors, are state-of-the-art, and made of highly durable materials to ensure lasting performance. While various CNC plasma cutting systems may have similar sounding features on paper, it is important to notice the difference in quality and durability and invest in only the best. We take great pride in our systems and deliver the best to our clients. To help clarify things, we would like to further examine the robust features that come standard with our CNC plasma cutting systems. Below is a detailed explanation of our table construction so that you can see the immense value you will be receiving when you invest in an EZCut CNC plasma cutting system.
- BASE The base has a fully welded, water-tight frame that can be configured for down draft or water table. It features an integrated dross pan/fume extraction plenum and reinforced steel leg supports. Heavy-duty slats and slat supports are designed for easy and secure loading of sheet metal.
- GANTRY & CARRIAGE The gantry is custom engineered for maximum stiffness using high quality machined aluminum. The custom steel carriage is fully enclosed and protects the Y and Z axis motors. The 3/8″ wall thickness and 6″ x 8″ rectangular tube structure combine to make the gantry extremely rigid. The cables for the controller and plasma cutter are protected by a 4” wide cross-axis track located on both the X and Y axis.
- END TRUCKS Custom steel end trucks are used to house X-axis drive motors and bearings. The supports are machined on a four axis horizontal machining center to ensure that they are parallel and perpendicular.
- BEARINGS Self-contained recirculating DualVee™ bearings are used on the X and Y axis. This technology is ideal for plasma systems because the bearings are isolated from the environment while the rolling contact between the wheel and track sweeps debris aside. On the Z-axis, precision guides and linear bearings are fully enclosed and allow for smooth, precise motion on the torch lifter.
- DRIVE MOTOR SYSTEM The 2 phase digital, brush less, synchronous electric motors EZ Cut has selected have undergone extensive testing. The inductance and resistance of the windings are optimized for system smoothness. The integrated digital high-speed, heavy-duty NEMA 32 motor drives have also been optimized to run efficiently.
- ZERO BACKLASH GEARBOX The X and Y axis drive transmissions are manufactured using a precision machined housing and feature steel cable reinforced urethane belt drives. The output pinions are supported by a dual bearing arbor with wide bearing separation for optimum stiffness.
- CNC PLASMA CUTTERS EZ Cut CNC offers a variety of conventional air plasma cutters made by Hypertherm and Victor Thermal Dynamics. The mechanized plasma torch mounts on a magnetic torch breakaway.